In Class Assignment 3 Ch. 10

B.) On September 11th when the plane hit the twin towers I was in the fourth grade and I attended Burton Elementary School; I was eight years old at the time of the event. I had recently just moved into a house in Porterville with my mom, grandparents, and uncle. What I can remember about the September eleven attacks is that they occurred in the early hours of that day, since California is three hours behind the east cost time zone. So they occurred probably before I was even awake. It wasn't until somewhere around ten or eleven in the morning when our teacher decided to tell the entire class what had occurred earlier in that morning. My teacher turned on the television and put it on a news channel that showed the live footage of what was occurring in NYC. I had no idea what was going or what the World Trade Center was at that time so I was entirely confused and it didn't really strike me too much, emotionally. My teacher looked speechless and shocked while watching the news coverage, but I don't remember how my classmates reacted. All I knew was that something terrible was going on. Later on after school almost every channel had some kind of news about the terrorist attacks. I still couldn't realize why it was that important.

C.) I remembered that I was in school when the event occurred the most, because I almost always attended school and I would probably would've never heard about it at home that day. I can't remember quite clearly what activity I was doing when I first heard the news. The first person to inform me was my fourth grade teacher while I was in class. I don't recall what the expressions of the other kids feelings were but I can make out that I was very confused by the event. Afterwards I continued with my life not understanding that incident was very significant and significant and important to me as an American, until a couple years later when my 6th grade teacher told us about the tragic event on September 11th.

Labels: