Exercise 4 Part 3 "No Time For Me"

"No Time For Me"

Sundays were always the same. Wake up, get ready, go to church, arrive back home, and do chores. Almost nothing out of the ordinary occurred. When something did occur, mum and pop would tell me to stop fooling around. I love my mum and pop, so I listened them no matter what.
Mondays were always unpredictable. Mum would wake me up at the crack of dawn, pop and I would jog a mile in the morning mist, then I would frantically rush for the school bus. I love my bus driver because she never forgets to ask how I am doing; she also has an amazing smile. Her figure would say that she isn't a day past seventeen, but shes actually twenty.
Tuesdays were always exciting. Band rehearsal, cross country practice, leadership team meetings, and my favorite one of all---Calculus class. I love math and I plan on becoming a high school mathematics teacher, someday.
Wednesdays were always busy. Take out the trash, clean my room, mow the lawn, and babysit. There's no time for me. Pop would close his shop late and mum would get out of work early to run countless errands. I love working because that prevents me from getting bored, though it does get a tad exhausting, after a while.
Thursdays were always different. Anxiety, loneliness, or stress would consume me. Regardless, major study time would still have to occur before tomorrow's quizzes. I love getting good grades, but as Stephen Covey would say, "To focus on technique is like cramming your way through school. You sometimes get by, perhaps even get good grades, but if you don't pay the price day in and day out, you'll never achieve true mastery of the subjects."
Fridays were always refreshing. No school tomorrow, movie night with my friends, and best of all, I got to see Amanda, the girl I really like. I love how she enjoys the things I enjoy: movies, music, and mathematics; Unfortunately Amanda attends a different high school, so I rarely get to see her.
Saturdays were always the best. Running at dawn, when the tiny wet droplets slid off the leaves of the giant green trees and doing cannonballs into the lonely lake. I enjoy the lake's company. The lake enjoys my company. I tend to lose track of time as I float in this pool of divinity; my mind high above the thin delicate clouds, my body floating in the dark vacant space. I love moments like these because in the rest of this world, there is no time for me.

Labels: