Exercise 4 part 1&2

Sundays were always the same. Wake up, get ready, go to church, arrive back home, and do chores. Almost nothing out of the ordinary occurred. And when something did occur my mum and pop would tell me to stop fooling around. I love my mum and pop so I always listened.
Mondays were always unpredictable. Mum would wake me up at the crack of dawn, pop would jog a mile with me, and then I would rush for the school bus. I love my bus driver because she always asks how I am doing and she has an amazing smile. She doesn't look a day older than seventeen, but she is actually twenty.
Tuesdays were always exciting. Band rehearsal, cross country practice, leadership team meetings, and my favorite one of all-- Calculus class. I absolutely love math and I want to become a high school mathematics teacher someday.
Wednesdays were always busy. Mow the lawn, clean my room, babysit, and take out the trash. There is no time for me. Pop would close the shop late, but mum would get out of work early. I love working because that keeps me from getting bored, though it does get a tad exhausting after a while.
Thursdays were always...different. Anxiety, loneliness, stress, and tiredness would overcome me. Regardless, major study time would still have to occur before tomorrow's quizzes. I love getting good grades, but as Stephen Covey would say, "To focus on technique is like cramming your way through school. You sometimes get by, perhaps even get good grades, but if you don't pay the price day in and day out, you'll never achieve true mastery of the subjects."
Fridays were always a breath of fresh air. No school tomorrow, movie night with my friends, and best of all I got to see Amanda, the girl I really like. I love how she enjoys the same things that I enjoy: movies, music, and mathematics, but Amanda attends a different high school so I barley get to see her.
Saturdays were always the best. Running at dawn, when the tiny wet droplets slid off the leaves of the giant green trees. Doing cannonballs into the lonely lake. I enjoy the lake's company. The lake enjoys my company. I always lose track of time as I float in this pool of divinity; my mind high above the clouds, my body floating in space. I love moments like these because in the rest of this world, there is no time for me.

Labels: