Exercise 3 pt. 2 RE-EDITED

Daniel Contreras
Professor Neal Blaikie
Creative Writing ENGL P140
27 September 2010

"Quicksand" - Exercise 3, part 2 (re-edited).

It can't be her, but it is, but could it really be her, or is it just some illusion, because it is pretty hot out here, even in this summertime shade, but I shouldn't worry, for my father will arrive any second now, so she won't get a glimpse of me, yet the worse could still occur, for she can decide to approach me, causing me to look down at the ground, and my worn out shoes would be firmly planted, so inelegantly and stiff pointed her direction like a compass, and she's the boat in the distant sea, but now the tide is moving in and she is actually getting closer, and here I am feeling like I had just finished running a mile: my heart pounding against my chest, my hands both clutched into fists, my palms completely polished by the sweat, my body shaking from both anxiety and fear, even though both of us are quite apart, still I felt like falling off the face of this earth, because the seconds dragged on for hours, though suddenly then my father arrived.

Labels: