Creative Writing: Exercise 3 - Short & Long

Daniel Contreras
Professor Neal Blaikie
Creative Writing ENGL P140
15 September 2010


Exercise 3 - Part 1
I finally found what I'm looking for. After being separated for days. My body completely drained of energy. I sat beside the bed to rest. Its bedsheets were a dull gray. Accompanied by a flat nougat colored pillow. With a slight smell of rotten eggs. My eyes wondered the room. The door I once entered swung ajar. The unending halls deserted. Like the aftermath on the battlefield. No sign of life. Not even a hint of my friends. Where in the world could they be? It was unlike of them to leave. I looked to my left. There sat a vintage wooden box. Cobwebs and dust settled firmly in place. I decided to open it. What on earth could this be?

Labels: