Creative Writing: Exercise 3 - Short & Long. Part 2

Daniel Contreras
Professor Neal Blaikie
Creative Writing ENGL P140
20 September 2010

Exercise 3 - Part 2

Is that, no it can't be, but it is, could it really be her or is it just an illusion, because it is pretty hot out here, even in the summertime shade, but my father will arrive here any second now so I can getaway from this prison, without her seeing me, or worse; what if she decides to approach me, I would have to look down at the floor, at my worn out shoes, that will point her direction, like a compass; dammit, she's walking closer, and here I am feeling like I just finished running a mile, my heart tackling my chest to escape, my hands clutched into fists, my palms completely polished with sweat, shaking from anxiety and fear, even though both of us are a few feet apart, I felt like falling off the face of this earth; seconds dragged on for hours; then my father arrived.

Labels: