Sublime in my Life

The sublime in my life is my reflection in the mirror. I see what I am very clearly. All you see is all you get. But I cannot change the reality. It is the ugly truth in the world. No flaws are hidden underneath. Yet, at the same time, it is so pure. The being on the other side looks at me with such tender sadness. So sometimes I feel like I am on the wrong side. The reflection can wander off into a vast world with no worries. I, however, can not do the same. In our world we have responsibilities from the day of birth. Grow, work, live and then die. In my reflection, none of that occurs. Time is at a stand-still as I look into this reverse universe. The reflection brings me ascending joy on the days of sunlight. Our reflections may not seem important to us at most times, but could you imagine a world in which it's sublime presence was gone?

Labels: